For High Speed Rail and Heavy Rail the PCAT HS-HR units are factory manufactured to the precise track aligment using 60N strength fibre reinforced concrete. The 250mm deep, 7.5m long, 7 tonne bespoke units are supported on 300mm thick HBM base constructed to a tolerance of +/-5mm and have a 120 year design life.
For new high speed lines the PCAT HS-HR slab structure provides for:
- Rapid construction outputs.
- Manufactured to factory tolerances.
- Unique coupling allows local removal for sub-base repair if required.
Allows for track re-adjustment.
All year round availability avoids need for ballast maintenance.
Allows High Speed Passenger Trains by day / High Speed Freight Trains by night.
Minimal track maintenance.
- Maximum return on the capital investment
- 200mm high train containment up-stands to increase safety and reduced rail / wheel airborne noise.
- Large longitudinal ducts and 100mm diameter transverse ducts for providing drainage and protection for cables.
- Internal cellular rubber cyclinders that reduce weight, absorb vibration and reduce ground borne noise.
New track construction is able to take place simultaneously on dual tracks without the need for adjacent haul roads and is undertaken with normal construction plant. The rapid installation process is expected to out-perform all existing concrete slab systems in terms of speed of installation, capital cost of construction and whole life costs.
If you would like to know more you can use our contact form to contact us.
PreCast Advanced Track Ltd.
WA16 6EF, UK
T: +44 (0)1565 633111
F: +44 (0)1565 633555